Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Immigration quotas are established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine:
1. individuals working in the areas of science and culture, whose immigration would be in the interests of Ukraine;
2. highly-skilled specialists and workers who would help fill the gaps in the Ukrainian economy and whose contribution would be appreciated;
3. individuals who have made foreign investment in the Ukrainian economy in the foreign converted currency equivalent to at least 100,000 (one hundred thousand) USD, registered according to the procedure defined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
4. individuals who are full-blood sibling, grandparent or grandchild of a Ukrainian citizen;
5. individuals who were formerly citizens of Ukraine;
6. parents, spouses of immigrants and their minor children;
7. individuals who continuously lived on the territory of Ukraine for the three years after they were recognized as victims of human trafficking;
8. individuals who have served in the Armed Forces of Ukraine for three years and longer.
Immigration permits beyond the established quotas are granted to:
1. a spouse if the other spouse with whom he/she is married for longer than two years is a Ukrainian citizen; children and parents of Ukrainian citizens;
2. individuals who are guardians of Ukrainian citizens or are under guardianship of a Ukrainian citizen;
3. individuals who have the right to acquire Ukrainian citizenship on the basis of their geographic origin;
4. individuals whose immigration is the matter of national interest for Ukraine;
5. foreign Ukrainians, spouses of foreign Ukrainians, their children in the event of their joint entry to and stay on the territory of Ukraine.
How to claim and receive the service
• Collect the required documents;
• Visit a Ukrainian diplomatic mission or consular post abroad at the place of permanent residence;
• For persons legally staying in Ukraine – visit the territorial unit of SMS at your place of residence;
• Submit an application enclosing the passport and required documents;
• Receive the immigration permit at the place of application.
• Application is to be submitted in person on condition of legal stay or temporary residence in Ukraine;
• For certain valid reasons (applicant’s sickness, natural disaster, etc.), application may be sent by mail or submitted by another person upon applicant’s notarized authorization;
• For minors or legally incapable persons, application must be submitted by their legal representative.
• application for immigration permit (general application form; application form to be submitted by legal representative of a minor or legally incapable person);
• 3 photographs;
• copy of a document that certifies person’s identity and his/her legal stay on the territory of Ukraine;
• document certifying person’s residence abroad and in Ukraine;
• information about family composition, copy of marriage certificate (if the applicant is married);